Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'd like to Order now, please...

Just wanted to mention two recently launched Gnostic groups:

The Order of Saint Esclarmonde, lead (i.e. Proctored) by Reverend Mother Marsha Emrick+ of the GCMM and Monsignor Jordan Stratford+ of the AJC, and

The Gnostic Order of Allogenes, spearheaded by Bro. Jeremy Puma, independent Gnostic chaplain and webmaster of the Palm Tree Garden Online.

These groups aren't connected, but both groups seem to have been created for the (mostly) solitary Gnostic individual to provide a community and framework for which to grow in and expand their spiritual dedication. They differ in style and the way they approach the topic of the individual Gnostic, as far as I can tell, but I think they both have ultimately similar aims.

Needless to say I was quite interested to learn of these groups, and I will ponder if perhaps they are something that I would find value in. I don't think I'm quite at a point where I can commit myself to the workings of such a task, however. I think getting there will take a bit more time and action on my part to prepare myself for the dedication becoming involved in such a group would require.

I hope to move in that general direction, though, and am quite interested in the way these groups will further develop. For now I'll just be content to sit in my little corner with my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment