Saturday, April 21, 2007

Awareness

It seems like a constant struggle to stay aware of Sophia and the Logos, and to be present every moment of the day. I've not yet had the luxury to be able to immerse myself in Gnostic thought or works, so I feel even more disconnected on a day-to-day basis because of my lack of knowledge. Still, I suppose it's never easy no matter the extent of your understanding.

It is a daily effort to remain connected to the ideas and imagery of the bigger picture. Perhaps I'm not doing something right, but I have yet to figure that out. Gnosticism is not for those content to just show up, you have to participate. I say this more as a reminder to myself than a message to anyone else. I think I am beginning to understand the concept that the "Gnostic must personally negotiate with the Archons", as Fr. Jordan Stratford+ has so expertly said.

Having said all of that, I am very much commited to the task at hand, if not fully prepared for it. Every day is an adventure of the self... something about looking in to see out. Now is time for daily focus and prayer, though, so... peace in.

No comments:

Post a Comment