Thursday, April 12, 2007

Idle Thoughts

I've reached a bit of a lull recently. It's nothing out of the ordinary for me, by any means, but I have to maintain my commitment. In the past I have (more times than I would like to admit) started something only to become bored with it and move on to something else when the mood struck me.

I think I've come to a point where I wonder what I am supposed to be doing now, and I haven't found the answer as easily as I had originally hoped I would. This is work. Gnosis doesn't just come to you. You have to be looking for it. In retrospect this is obvious to me, but I hadn't really thought about it. I have a long way to go, indeed.

I could be easily discouraged at this stage were it not for the fact that I know how meaningful this search for gnosis is. Sometimes determination is all you have, although it isn't always enough. No matter, I will continue on this path and be dedicated, both to the ultimate destination, and to the path I will tread that will take me there.

On that note, Rev. Thomas Langley of Light and Life posted an excellent entry regarding some very straight-forward steps that one can take to begin a daily Gnostic practice, entitled, funnily enough, Getting Started : Building a Gnostic Practice. I found it quite inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment