Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Down to Earth





The above is a performance of "Isaac", by Madonna, during her Confessions tour. I had a bit of a moment when I viewed it earlier. Think what you will about Madonna, the artistry was superb. The visuals, along with some of the lyrics, and the singing by Yitzhak Sinwani in Yemenite (the words apparently mean "If all of the doors of all of the generous peoples' homes are closed to you, the gates of heaven will always be open. The creator is living above the angels, and they are all nourished from his spirit"), there were times while watching it where I certainly felt moved. The liberation of the dancer in blue held a tinge of metaphorical recognition, definitely. Also, I like me some catchy pop music.

For more there's an article from Billboard of an interview with Madonna, where she discusses the song, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment